James B. Griffin
James B. Griffin has over 12 years of experience in land use and municipal law and was previously a partner in a mid-size firm representing various clients in South Texas. James has served on various committees serving the legal and philanthropic communities in and around San Antonio and is currently President of the Board of Trustees for Texas Biomed Founder’s Council.
James specializes in environmental planning and permitting, economic development, municipal land use planning, zoning, and public law, development permitting, and government relations in San Antonio. In addition to representing clients on land use and economic incentive matters, James also brings experience handling complex issues impacting governmental entities including local, state and federal regulation compliance, open meeting requirements, election procedures and taxation matters.
James has been selected by Thompson-Reuters/Texas Monthly as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in Land Use/Zoning Law every year since 2014. James and his wife, CeCe, are the proud parents of three children, Holden, Gray and Posey and are active volunteers in the San Antonio community.
- St. Mary’s University, School of Law – 2007, J.D
- Texas State University at San Marcos – 2004, B.S. Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Leadership San Antonio, Class 39
- Real Estate Council of SA Leadership Class, 2011
- Scene in SA Monthly, Rising Star in the Legal Profession (2014)
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star in Land Use/Zoning Law (2014-2019)
- San Antonio Young Lawyer Association – Member since 2007, Board of Directors, 2011-2013
- San Antonio Bar Association, Member Environmental Law Section Chair, 2010-2012
- Texas State Bar Association, Member Environmental and Natural Resource Law Executive Committee, 2011-2014
- Witte Society - Steering Committee, 2011-2015 and Chair, 2013-2015
- SA Tomorrow Comprehensive Plan Committee, Real Estate Industry Representative
- Texas Biomed Founder’s Council, Board of Trustees, President 2020
- Member of ULI, RECSA, San Antonio Governor’s Club, Rey Feo Consejo, San Antonio German Club, Order of the Alamo
- Former Chair, Planning and Zoning Commission, City of Olmos Park
- Fellow, Texas Bar Association
- Fellow, San Antonio Bar Association